Goblin Valley State Park is a small state park in Utah with only three different hiking trails. This is just two hours from Islands of the Sky(Click Here for the blogpost) and one hour from Capitol Reef National Park (Click Here for the blogpost). They have mushroom like Entrada sandstone formations and eroded cliffs. Valley of Goblins are continually eroding and temperatures soar extremely high here. Be well hydrated.
National Park Pass won’t work here, hence you will need to pay the Park entry fees of 13$ per vehicle.
We hiked the “Carmel Canyon Trail”. Climbing the goblins are not encouraged as they are fragile.
- Hike type: Moderate hike but heavily trafficked
- Total time required to hike comfortably: 1.5 hour
- Total distance: ~1.5 miles RT
- Pets: Allowed on leash
- Kid friendly: Yes.
- Best time: Spring and Fall season – Open year round (I have been in late Spring) The temperatures get really high so spring or fall would be the best time to visit.
- Washrooms: Near the campground
- Parking: Available.
- Permits required: None
- Camping available: Yes
If you are planning to camp here then you can also consider staying in yurts. You can check for the latest updates here . You can find one of the darkest skies here for stargazing at night. Each yurt is furnished and is equipped with both heat and air conditioning. Sleeping arrangements are also included. A table with four chairs and reclining deck chairs are also available. There are options for cooking too, an outdoor grill is available.
Important things to know before you visit the park-
- Nearest hospital is several far away, so be careful if you want to climb those goblins.
- No food or water is available. Be prepared for it.
- Park entry fees is 13$ for one vehicle visit and 25$ for camping and charges are separate for renting yurts. Make reservations ahead of of your visit.
- Be well hydrated at all times.
- There is no shade available whatsoever, I recommend going when the temperatures are cooler.
Happy hiking and happy exploring!
Thank you for visiting! If you have any questions / suggestions / feedback you can comment below or send me an email. I would love to hear back from you.
Have a nice day!