This is my first hiking in the snow to Bridal Veil Falls. I had no idea about snowshoes either. Praveen and I decided to go to the spot and then on seeing the snow conditions, we decided to hike. It was icy in some places. Bridal Veil Falls is a short easy hike to the base of the falls. You can also check my other blog post for hiking the Battlecreek falls in snow here.
We clicked so many snaps even though we were shivering in the cold. It is obvious that the gloves made it even worse to use the camera comfortably.
The falls –
We spent few minutes at the base of the falls and as there was so much snow all around we did not hike further up. The falls was partially frozen with hardly any water flowing.
Quick Notes –
- Hike Type: Easy Kid friendly hike
- Total time required to hike comfortably: 1 hour in snow maybe lesser otherwise.
- Total distance: ~ 1.5 miles RT
- Dogs: On leash but I did see few dogs off leash too
- Kid friendly: yes
- Best time: Open year round (I went in winter and it was awesome)
- Washrooms: No
- Timings: Dawn to Dusk
- Wheelchair accessible: Yes.
- Parking: Free Parking and easy to find a spot.
Thank for visiting! If you have any questions / suggestions / feedback, you can comment below or send me an email. I would love to hear back from you.
Have a nice day!